- Increasing market access for inbound and outbound shipments;
- Helping Canadian farmers access markets in Asia, including specialty products;
- Creating direct and indirect jobs in transportation, agriculture and other industries;
- Adding capacity to support Canadian and provincial trade goals;
- Strengthening Canada’s economic competitiveness by improving the efficiency of railways; and
- Contributing to economic recovery following the COVID-19 downturn.
- Reducing the number of truck movements on regional highways by moving more goods by rail, reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- Cutting shipping emissions by reducing the number of empty containers shipped to Asia and from Canada and increasing supply chain efficiency; and
- Adding a modernized auto lot with electric vehicle charging stations, helping suppliers meet demand for electric vehicles in British Columbia.
- Providing approximately 150-250 direct jobs as well as contracting opportunities for local residents and businesses;
- Creating hundreds of jobs during construction and supporting indirect employment throughout the community; and
- Contributing $4.1 million in property taxes to the City of Pitt Meadows annually once the project is complete.