- Increasing market access for inbound and outbound shipments;
- Helping Canadian farmers access markets in Asia, including specialty products;
- Creating quality direct and indirect jobs in transportation, agriculture and other industries;
- Adding capacity to support Canadian and provincial trade goals;
- Strengthening Canada’s economic competitiveness by improving the efficiency of railways; and
- Contributing to economic growth following the COVID-19 downturn.
- Cutting emissions by reducing the number of empty containers being shipped to Asia and from Canada and increasing supply chain efficiency;
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by shifting goods movement from truck to rail, reducing the number of truck movements on regional highways; and
- Adding a modernized auto lot that includes electric vehicle charging stations to help suppliers meet anticipated growth in demand for electric vehicles in British Columbia.
- Providing approximately 150-250 direct jobs as well as contracting opportunities for local residents and businesses;
- Creating hundreds of jobs during construction and supporting indirect employment throughout the community; and
- Contributing $4.1 million annually towards local and provincial taxes once the proposed project is complete, combined with existing taxes.